Woocommerce Menu


0 Comment

本文摘要:Whenever I start to feel like I’m coming down with a cold, my initial response is self medicate with a mixture of echinacea, Airborne, and Mucinex. More often than not, I’m usually back at full speed within a couple of days.每次实在自己要发烧时,我的第一反应就是用紫锥菊、外用感冒药和美明痰止咳片再行展开自我化疗。


Whenever I start to feel like I’m coming down with a cold, my initial response is self medicate with a mixture of echinacea, Airborne, and Mucinex. More often than not, I’m usually back at full speed within a couple of days.每次实在自己要发烧时,我的第一反应就是用紫锥菊、外用感冒药和美明痰止咳片再行展开自我化疗。一般来说情况下,我都会在几天内很快恶化。

For the times when my cocktail of over-the-counter medicine fails me, I submit and make a visit to my family doctor for a proper diagnosis. The only problem is: I hate going to the doctor. Don’t get me wrong; I think the world of him. I’ve been going to the guy for the last 25 years for everything ranging from the common cold to more severe ailments. It’s the amount of time a doctor appointment takes out of my day that leads me to squabble.如果使用这些非处方药展开的鸡尾酒疗法不起作用,我就不会偷偷去找家庭医生发病病情。唯一的问题是:我喜欢看医生。别误会,我只不过十分尊敬他。

25年来,不管是普通发烧还是大点儿的病,我都会去找他。让我沮丧的是,购票医生很困难,必须花费不少时间。We all know how this goes. You arrive and check in, only to wait in a waiting room full of other sick people sniffling and coughing. After anywhere from five minutes to an hour, a nurse finally calls your name and escorts you to the exam room. More waiting. In walks the doctor. Ten minutes later, you’re on the street with a diagnosis and an illegible prescription.我们都告诉这是怎么回事。


随后医生回头了进去。十分钟后,你就不会带着诊断书和难以辨认的处方返回大街上。For awhile now I’ve wondered about telehealth, also called telemedicine, the new type of medical service that makes a doctor available at the push of a button on your smartphone. Think of it as Uber for doctors. If you’re into technology, you’ve no doubt read stories about it and wondered the same thing. (And yes, Fortunehas published its fair share.)我对远程医疗,或被称作远距离医学,早已奇怪一阵子了。只需按下智能手机上的按钮,这种新型的医疗服务就能让你看医生。


对普通的发烧来说,15分钟充足了。但对一些更加简单的病症,分配的时间有可能就不会过于。Had I come to Dr. Tong with a real illness, he would have made a diagnosis after he felt he had a solid grasp on my condition. According to Doctor on Demand’s chief medical officer Pat Basu, 95 percent of appointments end with a short-term resolution, meaning no further visits (whether in person or follow-up with Doctors On Demand) are required. The remaining 5 percent are referred to the emergency room or a primary care physician for further examination.如果我带着确实的病症来看唐医生,他可能会在贯彻掌控我的情况后做出临床。

Doctor on Demand公司首席医务官帕特o巴苏回应,95%的购票都在短时间内解决问题了问题,这意味著他们不必须再度看医生了(无论是特地看,还是用Doctors On Demand展开先前购票)。只剩的5%则必须去急诊室,或是去找主治医师做到更进一步的检查。When I spoke with Doctor On Demand’s CEO Adam Jackson, he made it clear that his service isn’t meant to replace your family doctor. (He likened it to a modern-day nurses hotline.) Still, Doctor On Demand has the ability to treat you on the spot.在与Doctor On Demand的首席执行官亚当o杰克逊交流时,他具体回应:这项服务并不是企图代替你的家庭医生。

(他把它比喻成现代的护理热线。)不过,Doctor On Demand也能给你当场化疗。

After my mock appointment, I called my family doctor to see what he would think if one of his patients started using a virtual service from time to time. He wasn’t enthusiastic about the idea, but admitted that his way of thinking is probably a little old school. Still, he stopped short of shunning it altogether. His main concern? Missing clues because of the lack of a physical examination.在这次仿真购票之后,我给家庭医生打了个电话,想到他对病人有时候用于这种虚拟世界服务有什么观点。他回应并不感兴趣,不过他也否认自己的思想有些老派。尽管如此,他并没完全规避这个问题。他主要是担忧由于对身体检查严重不足,远程化疗可能会遗漏一些线索。

He’s got a point. Ever wonder why your doctor checks your spleen each time you go in complaining of a sore throat? An enlarged spleen combined with a sore throat are symptoms of mononucleosis. Have a small child with a high fever? It’s probably minor, but there’s a chance it it could be meningitis. And the way a doctor is able to tell is with a physical exam.他逃跑了问题的关键。你是不是困惑,为什么你每次看医生责怪喉咙痛时,医生都会检查你的脾脏?脾脏减小和喉咙痛是单核细胞激增症的症状。你的小孩发高烧了?这有可能是小问题,但也有可能是脑膜炎发作。

医生只有检查了身体才能发病。But there is undeniable peace of mind in knowing that, with a virtual service like Doctor On Demand, you have a doctor available at the push of a button to give professional advice when a child is sick—even if that advice results in a trip to the emergency room. Or, when you’re on a business trip with a full-blown sinus infection and desperately need medication.但不可否认,在孩子生病或是公干病毒感染鼻窦炎急需化疗时,有了Doctor On Demand这类虚拟世界服务,你要用按下手机按钮,就能获得医生的专业指导。这不会让你内心安稳许多——即便医生最后还是建议你去急诊室。


I’m not looking forward to the next time I’m sick, but I do wait with great anticipation for the day when I’m able to unlock my phone, tap a few buttons, and receive medical care from the comfort of my couch. And who knows: Maybe one day I’ll find my family doctor on the other side of the screen.我想再度生病,但我显然期望着将来能有这一天,我只要关卡手机,按几个按钮,就能躺在自己舒适度的沙发上享用医疗服务。谁告诉呢,或许某天我的家庭医生也不会经常出现在屏幕上。